Showing posts with label The Faces Reunion Rod Stewart Ronnie Wood Ian McLagan Kenney Jones Ronnie Lane. Show all posts
Showing posts with label The Faces Reunion Rod Stewart Ronnie Wood Ian McLagan Kenney Jones Ronnie Lane. Show all posts

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Faces To Reunite With Rod Stewart in 2010?

Rod Stewart has given the strongest indication yet that The Faces are set to reform.

The band who played a Royal Albert Hall show last week, did so without their original frontman Rod Stewart with Bad Company's Paul Rodgers taking on vocal duties.

"[They had] a reunion a without me because I'm promoting this album ['Soulbook']," Stewart told CNN . "Hopefully, I'll get me old job back. It's on the cards. I'll do it eventually." He added.

The band have previously stated they were set to reform but seemingly Stewart's and Wood's involvement with their own careers has stopped it from happening.



TheFaces split up in 1975 after guitarist Ronnie Wood began playing with The Rolling Stones.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Official : Rod Stewart And Ronnie Wood To Reform The Faces





After months of speculation, The Faces are set to reunite for rehearsals with a view to a full reformation.

Frontman Rod Stewart told Raysgigs.com that all the original members aside from late bassist Ronnie Lane, who died in 1997, were set to reconvene on Monday (November 17) to run through their old hits.

The singer, who spoke at the Claridges Bar 10th anniversary party in Britain, said the band, which includes current Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood, will use Stewart's touring bassist to fill in for Lane.

The Faces split up in 1975 after Wood began playing with the Rolling Stones.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Stones ' Ronnie Wood Wants More Cash For Faces Reunion



According to an article on Gigwise, Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood is delaying a possible reunion of his former band the Faces because he wants more money, it's been claimed.

Faces frontman Rod Stewart is said to be keen to reform the group, who last toured in 1975, for a string of live dates and new album.

But Wood, who received a reported £10million from the recent Rolling Stones Bigger Bang tour, is apparently keen to receive assurances that a reunion would create a large sum of money.

“Ronnie feels the money isn’t up to scratch,” a source told the Sun newspaper. “He has told Rod to up his current offer. But despite the haggling, there are no hard feelings and they hope to reach agreement soon.”

Monday, July 14, 2008

Rod Stewart Considering Faces Reunion




The Faces
keyboard player Ian McLagan has confirmed the rest of the band, including Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood, have been considering a reunion.

"We're hoping to get together later this year to play and then we may have some news, but I want it to happen, badly," he told BBC 6 Music.

McLagan said Stewart was the only member uncertain about reforming.

"Rod hasn't wanted to do it for a long time. He didn't see the need in it but I think he really wants to now. It's going to be great if it does happen," McLagan said.

But according to The Sun, Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood met at the Mayfair restaurant Cipriani to discuss the possibility of returning to the studio with the band.

A source commented: "Ron and Rod had a great time reminiscing. They were having a laugh and a joke but there is still a serious hunger to get back in the studio.

"There are plans for the band to start recording in the autumn with a tour in the pipeline for this winter."

The original Faces lineup comprised Stewart, Wood, Ian McLagan, Kenney Jones and the late Ronnie Lane.

They formed in 1969 and released four studio albums between 1970 and 1973, which included the hits 'Stay With Me' and 'Ooh La La'.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...