Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sir Keef? London's Mayor Says Keith Richards Should Be Knighted

Spinner.com is reporting : What with striking Tube drivers and the like, you'd be forgiven for thinking that Boris Johnson, the tonsorially-challenged Mayor of London, had enough on his plate at the moment. But with the New Year honours list just around the corner, it seems that he's found the time to come out in support of Keith Richards by demanding a knighthood for the Rolling Stones guitarist.

Writing in the Daily Telegraph, Johnson blasts former Prime Minister Tony Blair for knighting Sir Mick Jagger while passing over the man known as the 'Human Riff' saying, "It is a continuing scandal that Keef Richards has not been made, at the very least, a knight bachelor, and the outrage became clear to me this Christmas when -- like so many other men of my generation -- I was sentenced to 'Life.' That is, I was given a copy of Keef's super-selling autobiography of that name; and by the end of my researches I felt the full weight of the injustice."

To read more go to this location.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...