Saturday, March 27, 2010

Daltrey To Continue Peforming Even If The Who Split Up

The Who's Roger Daltrey insists he will continue performing even if the group split up because of Pete Townshend's tinnitus.

Roger Daltrey has vowed to continue performing even if The Who split up.

The future of the group is in serious doubt because guitarist Pete Townshend's suffers from tinnitus - a severe ringing in the ears - but the frontman insists the demise of the group wouldn't end his career.

He said: "Would I carry on? Of course I would. I mean, I don't want to stop singing. I just can't keep going on trying to keep singing like I did 40 years ago. I'm realistic about where I am in my life now."

Despite his promise, Roger admits he will have to give up performing eventually.

He added: "Pete and I are agreed on this - we don't see any time that we're going to stop, but we are realistic that one day it will retire us. We'll just no longer be able to do it."

The Who perform at London's Royal Albert Hall in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust charity next week.

2 comments:

Dan, Jr. said...

It would be interesting to see if Roger goes with his regular "solo" type band after The Who break up, or if he follows the recent "supergroup" trend. Who do you think would be a good match, as far as band members?

Anonymous said...

My sweet, gorgeous Roger did one heck of a solo tour last fall. He sounded great, looked beautiful and had an awesome band!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...