Monday, March 29, 2010

Classic AC/DC Concert Film To Finally See DVD Release

The long out of print AC/DC film Let There Be Rock is to finally make its way to DVD.

On his blog, DJ Eddie Trunk reveals that he�s seen some of the film, and that it is looking pretty good.

�"I kind of let the cat out of the bag a few months ago when I mentioned here that this was coming out finally on DVD, but I was never told it was a secret, so kind of broke the news without intending to. But the folks putting it out were cool and happy for the publicity this blog generated about it. I can now tell you that the release of the DVD has been pushed back to probably January 2011.

�They are doing some clean ups to the audio and video and making it as high def as the source will allow. I can tell you I have an advance and it looks and sounds great, but they are making it even better! This is just a phenomenal document of the last tour with Bon and it's so cool to have been asked to contribute to it. I will be interviewed about the impact of the band as one of the DVDs bonus features. So it's real and it's coming, just going to need to wait a bit longer, but trust me it will be worth it.�

The film was recorded at the Pavillon de Paris on 9 December 1979, two months before Bon Scott died. It was released theatrically in September 1980 but has never made the journey to DVD.

It was thought that the master tapes for the film had been lost, so it will be interesting to see how the new transfer to DVD looks".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...