Monday, December 22, 2008

Ex Marillion Singer Fish Quits Music After Cancer Scare


Gigwise is reporting that former Marillion singer Fish has retired from music for at least six months following a cancer scare.

The 50-year-old Scottish rocker – real name Derek William Dick – recently underwent a biopsy which resulted in doctors finding an “irregular cell growth” in his throat.

The singer explains on his Myspace blog: "I had an examination. As soon as I heard the phrase 'irregular cell growth' my mind went cold. I knew what it meant.

"In all honesty, I am 50 years old, I smoke, drink, have a 'colourful'
history, have sung at nearly 1,700 gigs over 27 years and have conducted three times as many interviews. It's like standing on the M1 and expecting not to be hit by a car."

“I am taking at least 6 months off from singing. I'd like to think that I can play some festivals in the summer of 2009 but there will be no arranged tours until 2010.

“I don't plan to even contemplate a new album until the end of next year.

"It all depends on what happens in the coming weeks. There are no set plans for any musical activity at the moment or in the near future.”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i wish fish the best.....i just hope he makes more music when the time is right.....

littlemissrock said...

all the best fish..... rock on xxx little miss rocks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...