Monday, July 28, 2008

More Cream Reunion Shows On The Horizon?






Billboard.com has issued the following report from Gary Graff:

The three members of Cream plan to gather again in October, but whether they'll play music together is up in the air.

Jack Bruce says that he and Eric Clapton plan to attend an October 3rd ceremony at which Ginger Baker will be given a Drummers Achievement Award by cymbal maker Zildjian at the Royal Festival Hall in London. "'Cause I'm only the bass player, I can't say for sure," Bruce explains. "I know there's a good chance we may play at that event... but I don't want to overstate it and make it into something it isn't."

Bruce did say, however, that he, Clapton and Baker will likely "have a chat about" some future reunions, as the trio did May 2005 in London, which resulted in a subsequent live album and DVD, and October 2005 in New York.

"I think there might be a chance of some more," Baker says. "I would like to do some more, 'cause I enjoyed it. It was very emotional. I would like another shot at it."

"It's quite difficult for us, 'cause it's all very separate," he continues. "Ginger's living in South Africa. Eric's this mega-star, and it's difficult for us to keep in communication. But as soon as we do it's wonderful."

While they make up their minds, here's a classic clip of the band in their prime, from their initial "farewell" show live at The Royal Albert Hall in 1968 :

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...