Thursday, May 6, 2010

Blues Maestro Walter Trout To Find Common Ground In July

Blues maestro Walter Trout has released details of his brand new solo album, Common Ground.

Released on July 6th through Provogue Records, Common Ground is the bluesman’s 19th studio album and the follow up to 2008’s The Outsider.

The album is produced by John Porter (The Smiths, B.B. King, Buddy Guy), who Trout says brought the very best out of him.

“John Porter has an uncanny ability to draw performances from me that I didn't know that I was capable of. I would play a solo or sing a song and think that I had done well, and John would just say to me: ‘that was good - but I know you can do better!’ And I would try it again, only to find out that he was right! He is really brilliant at what he does.”

Drummer Kenny Aronoff, bassist Hutch Hutchinson and pianist John Cleary join Trout as his backing band on Common Ground.

Here’s the track listing:

Maybe A Fool
Open Book
Her Other Man
Song For My Guitar
Excess Baggage
Hudson Had Help
Common Ground
Danger Zone Eyes Of A Child
No Regrets
Loaded Gun
Wrapped Up In The Blues

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...