Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Status Quo Loses Trademark Tail


Francis Rossi has finally chopped off his famous ponytail.

The Status Quo star said he felt the time had come to get rid of it as it was beginning to 'look ridiculous'.

Rossi, 59, has had the same look for 35 years and first grew his trademark locks in the 1970s as the band were becoming famous around the world.

He said: "It looked fabulous - I felt like a fashion icon."

But he admitted that as his hair started to thin, it was finally time to get rid of it.

Speaking to the Sun, he said: "In the past few years my hair has got so thin that there's not enough to work into a decent ponytail.

'A few weeks ago it dawned on me that I looked ridiculous. So I decided to forget about clinging to my youth and it was time to grow old gracefully.

'When it came off I was horrified to look at these six inches of wizened grey strands.
'I realized I must have looked really stupid.'

Rossi, who co-founded Status Quo with Rick Parfitt, said his wife Eileen approved of his new look.

He added: 'Samson lost his strength when his hair was chopped off - I hope this doesn’t mean I’ve lost the ability to play my one chord.'

Status Quo embark on a 31-date winter tour of the UK from November this year including a date at Wembley Arena on December 12.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...