Wednesday, July 30, 2008

With Allman Recovered The Allman Brothers Return To Concert Scene




The Allman Brothers Band will make their triumphant return to the concert stage this summer, with two dozen shows from August 12 through October 11. On the first leg of dates, the group will share the stage with Bob Weir & RatDog, and Phil Lesh & Friends will be on board for the second leg.

The August 12 show in Bethel, NY will mark the first group performance since last September's featured guest spot at Farm Aid (9/9/07), which followed a Piedmont Park appearance in Atlanta (9/8/07) with the Dave Matthews Band. Late last year after the group's summer tour, group co-founder, keyboardist and singer Gregg Allman underwent treatment for Hepatitis C. Allman battled through two months of debilitating Interferon treatments but has made a complete recovery and is now disease-free.

"I feel great, man," says Allman. "The treatment really kicks you in the ass but I came out stronger. I'm ready to play." Due to the side effects of the aggressive Interferon treatment, the group had to postpone their annual run of dates at the Beacon Theatre in New York City as well as performances at Bonnaroo and their own Wanee Festival in Florida.

"I've known about having the disease for a long time, but was never a candidate for treatment until last year," continues Allman. "When my doctor told me to go for the Interferon, I knew it would be a battle, but I'm great now."

Side effects from Interferon treatment include flu-like symptoms and chronic fatigue. "I just didn't have the energy to play," says the keyboardist-singer. "And we're a band that puts on two-hour shows that change every single night. You gotta be at full capacity to do that. And now I am."

1 comment:

Appetite for downloads! said...

Hi,you have a great blog! If you want partnership with me leave one message on http://appetitefordownloads.blogspot.com. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...