Thursday, January 26, 2012

Vocalist Mike DiMeo On Riot Guitarist Mark Reale's Passing :"The only thing that Mark cared about was making music that inspired him"

Former RIOT vocalist Mike DiMeo, who recorded six studio albums and one live album with the band between 1994 and 2006 has issued the following statement regarding the passing of the band's founding guitarist Mark Reale, who passed away January 25th in a San Antonio hospital due to complications of Crohn's disease — an ailment he has battled for most of his life. He was 56 years old.

"I'm deeply saddened by the death of Mark Reale. He was a gifted songwriter, great musician and a true friend. I am honored and thankful that I shared many years with Mark touring and recording all over the world, memories that I will carry with me forever. Even though to some it may seem that he did not achieve massive commercial success, the only thing that Mark cared about was making music that inspired him. He was a true artist and his music is a reflection of that.  To me, Mark's music is timeless... and I believe his many fans will see to it that his music lives on forever... Rest In Peace Mark.... I will miss you..... and Shine On!" 

Reale had reportedly been in a coma for the past two weeks after suffering a subarachnoid hemorrhage on January 11.

To read a recent interiview with DiMeo go to this location : http://houseofrockinterviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/having-riot-with-winter-exclusive.html


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...