Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Steven Tyler Turned Down Jimmy Page's Offer To Record With Led Zeppelin

hennemusic is reporting that Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler not only jammed with Led Zeppelin following that band’s celebrated 2007 reunion, but was asked by Jimmy Page to write a record with them and he turned the offer down.

Tyler dropped the Zeppelin bombshell on Howard Stern’s show early Tuesday morning, while making the media rounds in NYC to promote American Idol’s launch Wednesday night.

    Stern: Did you audition for Led Zeppelin?

    Tyler: Ya, I went over there and played with them.

    Stern: But doesn’t that piss off Joe when you’re gonna leave Aerosmith and go be with Led Zeppelin?

    Tyler: Of course it does. No, I spoke to Jimmy – actually, I spoke with his manager Peter Mensch, who’s been a good friend of mine forever, gave him his first job. And he said that they’d just played live and Robert wouldn’t play with them again, and ‘wanna come over and jam with the guys?’ I went ‘Hello!?!’ So, I went over and played.

    So, look at me now: not only did I sing to McCartney, but I played with Zeppelin. So, I’m in heaven.

    And, by the way, when I looked Jimmy in the eyes and it came time to...'you wanna write a record with me?’ I went, ‘No'

    Stern: To Jimmy Page? Why not?

    Tyler: Because I’m in Aerosmith. He’s the biggest band in the world and so am I in a band like that. I have such an allegiance to my band and I love it so much.


To read more and to hear the entire interview go to this location.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...