Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Slash 'Disappointed' by Aerosmith's Steven Tyler

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash has condemned Steven Tyler for accepting a job on American Idol - branding the move "disappointing" for the singer's fans and his Aerosmith bandmates.

Tyler has joined the TV talent show's panel along with Jennifer Lopez, replacing departing judges Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi.

Kid Rock recently spoke out about the rocker's "stupid" decision, accusing Tyler of destroying the "sacred American institution of rock and roll".

Slash has now joined the protests, insisting he feels sorry for Tyler's Aerosmith bandmates who now have to work around the singer's hectic TV schedule.

He tells New York's Q104.3 FM, "It's really sort of disappointing to me that he's gone and done that, for whatever reason - a lot of it having to do with (the fact that) I just know the guy and the other guys in the band are bummed out and they've had a really rocky road for a while. And then just because American Idol is what it is, so it's hard for me to put the thing together."

2 comments:

callista said...

Why has everybody have such a negative comment on what Steven does in his life?
Get your own life!!
He will not let his bandmates down.

Sherry said...

I always love Aerosmith the were #1out of all other. But I DID like other bands. I did get to go to 1
aerosmith concert and I would love to here Steven Tyler Sing maybe it could sing on the American Idol. I did not know that Negative comment about Steven, but who every makes bad comments about any one they need to take a look in the mirror. I'v always had a lot of respect for him. I hope before I die I hope to see aerosmith in concert if not Maybe I'll get here Steven again. Sherry hsherry53@aol.com Hang in there Steven I watch you on american Idol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...