Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stone Temple Pilots Scrap Tour After Weiland's Onstage Rant

Billboard.com is reporting that Stone Temple Pilots have postponed 12 dates on their reunion tour, the band announced on its official website Tuesday (Sept. 21). The announcement states that the group will re-route its tour for a "short break" and hit the road again in mid-October. The next scheduled tour date is Oct. 8 in Tampa, Fla.

While the band did not give a specific reason for the break, the news comes two days after frontman Scott Weiland made a rambling speech onstage during the trek's Houston, Texas stop. According to the Houston Press, STP took the stage approximately one hour after opener Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's set, after which Weiland offered slurred tangents about his in-ear monitors, past drug use and thoughts on grunge music.

"The 8th of December will be the time when I stopped doing dope," Weiland said, then hushed the crowd as it began to cheer. "No, no, no, no" he continued. "I started drinking again. My brother died, I got divorced to my wife, and my whole world basically spun around. So you know what? I'm going to take care of myself because that's what I need to take care of. Instead of just having a few shows, I want to have a whole hell of a lot of shows."

 Stone Temple Pilots saw its first album in nine years debut at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 in May. The self-titled set has sold 130,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...