Friday, June 4, 2010

Aerosmith's Joe Perry : New Studio Material Is "Not That Important Anymore"

In an interview with the Guardian UK, Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry hints that even though the band, after an on again/off again period with vocalist Steven Tyler last year - is on again and preparing to tour, fans of the band shouldn't expect a new album of new material anytime soon, or ever.

When asked regarding whether there is a thirst to write and record new songs, Perry had this to say :

"Actually, I'm not sure there is," Perry says. "Until a couple of years ago, fans would ask for more records like the old records, but that's all fallen off. New material is not that important any more. We've been at this for a long time. I think of some of the songs I've written or co-written and I think, why should I bother trying to top that? It's like Leonardo Da Vinci painting the Madonna again. Why should I paint the Madonna again?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...