Sunday, April 25, 2010

Steve Lukather, Roger Glover, Jon Lord, Steve Morse, Ian Paice, Don Airey And Others Contribute To Charity Album

Stay Tuned” is the title of Austrian drummer Bernhard Welz’ first solo album. It features a slew of prominent guest musicians, including Roger Glover, Steve Morse, Don Airey, Ian Paice of Deep Purple (live drum solo 2002), Neil Murray, (Whitesnake, Black Sabbath, Michael Schenker Group) Steve Lukather (Toto), Mike Stern, Mark King, Pete York (Eric Clapton), Guy Pratt (Pink Floyd) and many more.

Jon Lord will feature on a limited edition of 1.000 copies, that include a bonus live recording of the Deep Purple classic“Child In Time” with Jon Lord, Steve Lee (vocals, Gotthard) and Bernhard Welz on drums. This was recorded with the Nota Bene Symphony Orchestra in Zürich, Switzerland January 2009.

The studio tracks were recorded between April 2009 and March 2010. Most of the international guests recorded their parts at home, but not all, explains Bernhard Welz.

"I worked in the studio with Steve Lukather, Mike Stern, Ernesto Ghezzi, Kaitner Z Doka, and most of the local artists.

There was one funny incident. When I recorded with Steve Lukather in Frankfurt, I had come straight from a show in Stuttgart. We talked about travelling and then he asked me “Did you do it in A440″. I said “No A81″ I meant the motorway I’d used to get there. He meant tuning the guitar in 440 Hz! He looked at me like I was a ghost, then he said: “Ah, Nevermind, I play everything.”

Sales of the album supports the Children Cancer Trust, and the release date is May 20.

To preorder and hear soundclips go to this location.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...