Thursday, April 1, 2010

Eddie Van Halen Too Slow For Sammy Hagar

Sammy Hagar would only consider a return to Van Halen if band leader Eddie Van Halen agreed to work faster.

The singer is disappointed the reformed Van Halen haven't returned to the studio with original frontman David Lee Roth - and he claims any new material will be a long time coming if his experiences with guitarist Van Halen are anything to go by.

The current Chickenfoot vocalist tells the San Gabriel Valley Tribune newspaper he's amazed the band hasn't released a new studio album in 12 years and recalls his last studio experience with the group was not fun.

Hagar reveals that he recorded new songs with Van Halen for the band's "Best of Both Worlds" compilation - slowly.

He explains, "We tried to make a record, but, y'know, it just was taking so long we only got three songs done, and not 'cause of me, I'll tell ya straight up. If anyone ever says anything like that I was the problem on that record, they're crazy. I had my stuff totally together.

"I went in, I knocked my stuff out, and then Eddie would take months to do a guitar solo or something. It was just way too drawn out. I can't work like that."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...