Thursday, January 21, 2010

No Genesis Reunion With Peter Gabriel At Rock Hall Induction


Peter Gabriel has stunned the music world by announcing he won't be joining his former Genesis bandmates onstage for the group's Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction in March (10).

In fact, Gabriel isn't sure he'll even attend the ceremony in New York.

Fans were hoping the induction would lead to a reunion for the band's original line-up, but Gabriel insists he has no plans of teaming up with Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks, who reformed as Genesis in 2008 for a world tour.

Gabriel tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I’m definitely not going to sing. I learned at our last reunion (in 1982) that you can’t just get up there. You have to rehearse."

And his upcoming European tour plans might rule out an appearance: "I’m trying to find a way to do it... If I can work it out, I’ll go."

He refuses to completely rule out a reunion in the future, but admits another get together seems highly unlikely.

He adds, "I always describe it as going back to school, since this was a school group for me. It’s a fun place to visit and see your old friends, but it's not a place you want to live. Phil (Collins) has had trouble with his wrists and his back, so it’s pretty unlikely."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...