Friday, September 11, 2009

Phil Collins : "I Can Never Play The Drums Again"

The UK's Mail Online reports Phil Collins today revealed he will never drum again because he is suffering from a painful spine injury.

The former Genesis star can't even hold his sticks after years of sitting in front of a drumkit.

Collins, 58, whose hits include "In The Air Tonight", said: 'After playing drums for 50 years, I've had to stop.

'My vertebrae have been crushing my spinal cord because of the position I drum in.

It comes from years of playing. I can't even hold the sticks properly without it being painful, I even used to tape the sticks to my hands to get through.'

But this is not the end of his music career, as Collins told fans: 'Don't worry, I can still sing.'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...