Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Producer Kevin Shirley : Supergroup Idea With Page, Clapton, Perry /Whitford "Total Codswallop"

Yesterday Led Zeppelin fan-site Lemon Squeezings reported that Aerosmith guitarists Joe Perry and Brad Whitford have apparently been keeping busy with Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin) in a recording studio with engineer Kevin Shirley (Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Joe Bonamassa). About the supposed "supergroup" project, Shirley has addressed the rumors:

"There's no supergroup planned with fifty guitarists recording, I'm sorry. If you believed that, go on and blush. Over my long career I have been very fortunate to work with some of the best in the world, and soon I'm going to record one of the pioneers. That's what's so exciting! But, as I said before, news when I can. The "supergroup" is just a four piece, and we have an exploratory recording session early next year. And that's all." And on his Facebook page, Shirley added that the whole idea was "Total Codswallop".

1 comment:

Rockin' Jeff said...

'Total Codswallop' would be a good name for the group-- if there was one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...